Calculate material costs
Calculate material costs for works items in YourTradebase.
Once you have entered material costs to your quote or invoice, you can easily view the total materials breakdown, download them to PDF or print them.
Add labour costs to your work items
- Click on the ‘Material‘ price field to open the materia panel field
- Add as many material items you need. For each item, you can enter:
- A description for that material
- The quantity being priced
- The price for each unit
- Any markup you wish to apply
- We'll calculate the total for you (total = quantity x unit price + markup %)
- Click ‘Done‘ when you’re done. You'll see the material total has been updated.
You can add material costs to as many work items as you need.
Click the 'Save' icon to save any materials to your materials list. You can then quickly add these materials to future paperwork.
Show or hide your labour costs
Once you’ve saved your paperwork, you can select how you want materials to appear.
Click the ‘ Customise‘ button, and select from the following options:
- Show a breakdown of materials with costs – Check both the ‘Show breakdown of materials’ and ‘Show material prices’ options
- Show a breakdown of materials without individual costs – Check the ‘Show breakdown of materials’ option and uncheck the ‘Show material prices’ option
- Show a summary of material costs – Uncheck the ‘Show breakdown of materials’ option and check the ‘Show material prices’ option
- Hide materials and include costs in quote total – Uncheck both ‘Show breakdown of’ and ‘Show labour prices’ options
Your paperwork will be refreshed instantly to show your changes.
Customise settings are saved and automatically applied to the next quote or invoice you create.