Sending an invoice
Once you’ve created your invoice, you have several options for presenting it to your customer:
Send invoice via email
You can send your invoice to one or more customer email addresses.
- Visit the quote and click the ‘Send invoice‘ button. This will open an email message.
- Enter your customers email address. If you have already added a customer email address, this will be automatically filled in. If there are additional email addresses you’d like to send to, start typing the address and if you’ve already sent to that address in the past, you will be able to select it from the drop down list that appears. Any new customer email addresses you enter will automatically be saved to your customer to easily re-use in the future. You can add as many email address as you like.
- Change the subject of the email if required.
- The invoice will automatically be attached as a PDF for your customer.
- Change the email message if required.
- When you’re ready to send, click ‘Send email‘
The invoice will automatically be marked as sent once you send the email and a copy will be emailed to your email address.
A record of when you sent the invoice – and to which addresses – will be displayed under your invoice ‘ Activity‘, along the right-hand side of your invoice.
Re-sending your invoice: You can also choose the ‘email‘ button above your invoice at any time to email or re-send your invoice.
If your customer replies to your email message, we'll send you an email letting you know, and send you a notification within YourTradebase.
Downloading your invoice to PDF
You can choose to download a copy of your invoice to a PDF on your computer, to print, email or save for your reference.
Here’s how to download your invoice to PDF:
- Select the invoice you want to download
- Click the ‘PDF‘ button
- Your PDF download will start automatically. Some browsers may open the PDF file in a new tab, allowing you to choose to print or download the PDF when you hover over it in the browser.
Printing your invoice
Here’s how to to print a copy of your invoice directly from your browser:
- Select the invoice you want to print
- Click the ‘print‘ button
- Your browsers’ print dialog will be triggered, select any print options you require and click ‘print‘
- Your invoice will start printing and you will be taken back to the invoice screen