Online payments – the basics
What are online payments?
Let your customer pay by debit or credit card, online from their computer or mobile.
We use Stripe to securely process your customer's card details, and money is transferred to your bank account in 7 business days.
Stripe deducts a fee from each payment you take:
- 1.9% + 20p for UK and EU cards
- 3.4% + 20p for non-EU cards
A note on Amex: UK or EU issued American Express cards are charged at the lower, 1.9% (+ 20p) rate.
- Create a free Stripe account (if you don't already have one)
- Connect YourTradebase to Stripe via Settings > Take payments online
- That's it! You're ready to start taking card payments online 🎉
Getting paid online
- You choose if an invoice can be paid by card when you send it to your customer
- Customer views their invoice, selects pay now, and securely enters their card details
- Stripe processes the payment, and transfers the funds to your bank within 7 business days (minus their fee)
- We'll email you to let you know you've been paid, and send you an in-app notification. Your invoice will automatically be updated to paid, with the payment logged.
- Taking card payments online
- What is Stripe?
- What are the fees?
- Connecting to a Stripe account
- Disconnecting from Stripe
Online payments are currently only available for UK customers.
More countries coming soon…